You can download the Secure Computing Networks Root SSL certifcate at https://www.secure-computing.net/scn-root.crt.
MacOS X 10.4 Install
This section will instruct you on installing and trusting the Secure Computing Networks SSL certificate tree.
- First, download the SCN Root Certificate file.
- Once downloaded, double-click/open the file you downloaded. You should see a window such as the following:
- Click the View Certificates button, then click the small arrow to expand the information. Our signatures are:
- MD5: 87 E8 EC E9 B6 24 9B 64 01 AF EA 13 F3 84 BF C2
- SHA1: E0 C4 5A 19 4F 91 63 E7 F1 5D 7B A3 6C 76 A5 61 BB F2 AF 51
If these don't match, DO NOT INSTALL THE CERTIFICATE! If these do match, click OK and continue with these instructions.
- From the drop down list, select X509Anchors
- If you're asked to authenticate as an Administrator, go ahead and do so. Editing the X509Anchors requires root/admin privileges.
- Your Keychain Access application should be open. To verify installation, select X509Anchors, and from the Category, select Certificates. Scrolling down, you should see "SCN Root Certificate Authority".
- You can test by going to https://www.secure-computing.net. You should not be asked or warned about certificate authenticity or validation. If using Safari, you can click on the lock icon in the upper-right corner to view the site certificate. You should see a green check box indicating the certificate is valid: